I want to invite all the readers of this blog to a special event. Datamann is again sponsoring an all-day seminar for the Vermont / New Hampshire Marketing Group on marketing analytics for catalog and multichannel companies on February 20, 2014 at the Marriott Courtyard / Grappone Conference Center in Concord, NH.
Why is this special?
Many of my readers are in the UK, and many of you in the US are geographically challenged. So, a little geography lesson: Vermont and New Hampshire are two of the smallest states in size and in population in the US. Combined, they have 1,942,000 people, which is 0.62% of the US population. But, VT has the highest number of catalogs per capita in the US and NH is #2. We are home to Orvis, Gardener’s Supply, Brookstone, Duncraft, Vermont Country Store, Garnet Hill, Littleton Coin, PC Connection, Dakin Farm, and a whole lot more (my apologies to those of you that I did not list).
The VT/NH Marketing Group has been providing conferences and seminars for catalog and e-commerce companies for 25 years. They recently polled their members and found that “using analytics for growth” was the number #1 requested topic for a future seminar.
I realize that coming to New Hampshire is a long trip for many of you, especially in the middle of a New England winter. But, at this year’s February seminar on catalog growth, we had over 140 attendees, over 40 of which were Datamann clients. I promise this will be an information packed event – along with being a chance to meet with other catalog and ecommerce marketers – which will be well worth the trip. And, there are no mosquitoes here in February! (Concord is New Hampshire’s state capital, and is only 20 minutes north of the Manchester, NH airport, which is served by all major airlines).
Listed below is the Agenda:
8:30 AM to 9:00 AM – Registration and Networking
9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Key Analytics to Grow Your Business
- Bill LaPierre, Datamann
- Determining which marketing efforts truly add incremental sales
- How analytics help in new customer acquisition
- Measuring the impact of Amazon on your business
10:30 AM to 10:45AM – Networking Break
10:45AM to 11:30 AM
Developing a Pureplay to Compete Differently
– Addison Rapp, Gardener’s Supply
- How analytics shaped the decision to go “pureplay”
- How GSC is measuring the incremental demand of the program
- Factors you need to anticipate in going the “pureplay” route
11:30AM to 12:30 PM
Merchandise Analysis and Evaluation – Bill LaPierre, Datamann
- What are the key metrics to track on merchandise?
- How analytics show which product categories to expand
- How analytics reveal your greatest weakness in merchandise
12:30 PM to 1:30 PM – Lunch and Networking
1:30 PM to 3:00 PM
Using Analytics to Improve Your Website and Ecommerce
– Larry Kavanagh, Kavanagh Commerce
- Using shopping cart adoption analytics to improve your website conversion
- Finding where shoppers get “stuck” and leave your site with purchasing
- The easy way to use A/B split testing to improve website sales
3:00 PM to 3:15 PM – Networking break
3:15 PM to 4 PM
Analytical Trends in Catalog and Ecommerce Growth
– Bill LaPierre, Datamann
- Cutting pages without cutting sales
- Sources of new customers that are growing
- Analytical alternatives to RFM
Datamann clients and members of the VT/NH Marketing Group will be getting additional registration information in the mail in the next few weeks – but I wanted to let you know about this event early so you could mark your calendar.
To register for the seminar, contact the Vermont/ New Hampshire Marketing Group. Registration costs for this all day event are as follows:
- $90 for VT/NH MG members
- $125 for non-members
- $100 for NEMOA members
- Registrations are accepted until February 18, 2014
The fastest and easiest way to register: Go to the VT/NH MG website at www.vtnhmg.org
In addition, the Marriott Courtyard Concord is offering a special rate for attendees of $100, including the breakfast buffet – you simply need to ask for the conference rate. Call the Marriott Courtyard in Concord at 603-225-0303 to reserve a room.
If you are not already signed up for emails from this blog, click here.
by Bill LaPierre
VP – Business Intelligence and Analytics
Datamann – 800-451-4263 x235